Wednesday 1 February 2012

Destiny

Today I decided to go to one of my favourite hotspots in Richmond Hill, Destiny. Destiny is popularly known for their specialty tea drinks, desserts, and appetizers.  I haven’t been there in a while so I was quite excited to return. Destiny is perfect for socializing with friends while enjoying great appetizers. The gold, white, crème and black theme inside has a very nice chic modern look to it, not to mention the sofas seats making it hard not to love!

I was seated right by the front main windows, my favourite spot actually. The feeling of the warm sun shining through the windows was such a relaxing sensation. I ordered a few appetizers and my all-time favourite drink ‘’Water Melon Juice’’. 

Water Melon Juice: It’s unbelievably refreshing! Fresh chilled watermelons blended with sweet syrup makes the best thirst quenching drink perfect for a summer day.  

I also ordered Almond Crusted Shrimp Balls, it was slightly bland but well textured. It looked visually appealing though, little cute balls of shrimp paste great as bite size snack.  


My favourite dish is the Strawberry shortcake, my all-time favourite dessert at Destiny. Fresh whipped crème with fresh cut strawberries between moist vanilla cakes topped off with shaved white chocolate. Yum!

Overall, I do enjoy the food at Destiny and the environment and atmosphere is great but one thing I highly dislike is the service. The service was absolutely awful; the server rarely came by and left my table hanging for over 35 minute. All I wanted was hot sauce and they never came by, I had to literally get up myself to grab it from the hostess. I was very disappointed with their service I would say its one the worst experience I’ve had at a restaurant. 

Service: 2/10
Food: 8/10
Experience: 7/10

Not the greatest for service but its still a nice place to hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment