Monday 27 February 2012

Chako


Today on a lovely Monday I decided to eat at Chako - apparently one of the best Korean restaurants in town that serve traditional Korean food. Desperate to try something new, Chako was a clear choice since I have never eating a Korean dish in my life. This would be a new experience for some good food. Chako is the best restaurant and certainly has an exciting experience. It was fun trying new food from a different culture.

My first impression of this restaurant was as expected. The wait was quite a bother; I would strongly recommend making reservations for those who would like to give this restaurant a try. I was waiting in line for about half an hour before I was finally able to settle down. This restaurant is certainly jam packed during prime dining hours. The long wait had definitely paid off once the food arrived.
There was a very wide selection in meats as well as traditional Korean dishes. The meats ranged from classic pork, beef and chicken to delicacies such as ox tongue! I narrowed my choices down to beef bulogogi and pork bone soup. I was amazed by the mixture of savory sweetness of the beef. It was very well marinated; I couldn’t get enough of it! Not to mention the pork bone soup! The blend of spices with the fall-off-the-bone pork chunks and potatoes was a mixture of perfection. Both dishes were delicious! To my surprise with every meal, complimentary side dishes are always offered in Korean restaurants. I was given traditional sides such as pickled radish, seaweed, tofu, bean sprouts and the all-time must-have kimchee. I really liked the idea of complimentary sides, it was such a surprise! 


Pork Bone Soup
Beef Bulgogi
Complimentary Side Dishes


The service was great; the servers were very efficient with their duties. My glass was never empty and there was never a problem with finished used plates on the table. There were some communication problems due to the language barrier but it was not unbearable.

Overall, Chako was a nice dining experience, I am excited to explore and try other Korean restaurants around town!

Food: 9/10
Service: 7/10
Experience: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment