Thursday 16 February 2012

Koganei - Japanese Seafood Restaurant

As you all know I simply love sushi! Today I went to Koganei, a very popular sushi restaurant in Woodbridge. I normally go to all-you-can-eat sushi restaurants just to get more variety for a cheaper price. Though Koganei is not an all-you-can-eat restaurant and fairly pricey I've heard many great reviews about it. I went to give it a try this afternoon.

Koganei was a little bit hard to find seeing it was blended within the other plazas very well. The interior isn't decorated with lavish furniture but more bamboo earthy-like decorations. The way the restaurant is decorated presents a sense of calming peace, very relaxing.

My waitress was a very polite lady. She was aware my needs but kept her distance respectfully. Normally servers would be circling around me to ensure that everything is going well, which can be a little irritating. Since Koganei was a new experience for me I took some of her recommendations of the restaurant's specialty and favourites.It didn't take very long for my order to arrive. I was excited to try it all!

The rice used for the sushi was cooked to perfection; each grain was cooked right through. Normally, when rice is made into sushi the grains may become very mushed together which alters the taste sometimes. The rice at Koganei was different; each grain retained its texture and flavor. My favourite roll of the day was the Koganei Roll a classic roll with crab meat,avocado and cucumber. What made this roll spectacular was the topping. The topping was a blend of tempura batter, red caviar and spicy mayonnaise; this combination added a fantastic kick to each piece!


 Koganei Roll
Sushi Pizza 








 My Sushi Platter

Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Koganei. The service was good and the food was great! The only downside would be the fairly expensive prices for each dish, though it is understandable due to all the fresh ingredients use. I strongly recommend Koganei to all the sushi lovers around town!

Service: 8/10
Food: 9/10
Experience: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment